Preserving your Lideste
Guidelines & Recommendations
Each Lideste product undergoes several critical tests to make sure that it meets high-quality Swiss standards. For optimal longevity, follow these recommendations and guidelines to ensure that your Lideste is used and preserved accordingly.
1) contact with water may damage the leather, create stains and make the leather look scuffed.
2) chemical products such as perfumes and cosmetics may cause stains since leather is permeable.
3) sun exposure over a prolonged length of time may lead to discoloration of the leather.
4) only use impregnation, brushes, oils and detergents that are specifically developed for nubuck leather.
For the watch case and mesh bands, dip a soft brush in warm soapy water and gently rub the surface clean. Dry with a soft cloth.
The crown must be fully clicked in before contact with water and damp environments to ensure no ingressing water. A watch that is in contact with water with an unclosed crown is not covered by the warranty.
Our watches are rigorously tested to ensure a water resistance of 5 ATM.
In practice, this means that your watch is protected in rain, bathing and swimming but not when diving, snorkeling, etc. If in contact with sea water, always make sure to rinse your watch with tap water afterwards. We also recommend that you keep your leather straps out of contact with water, since it can damage the leather.
Avoid extreme temperatures and temperature variations.
Perfumes, detergents, cosmetics and similar products may damage your Lideste when in direct contact.
Adjusting the mesh
1. Position an adjustment tool into the slot of the locking clasp. Press the bar up in the opposite direction of the straight pin.
2. Slide the buckle to the desired position.
3. Push the locking clasp down to secure the length.
Changing the straps
All our straps are equipped with quick-release spring bars. This means that no tools are needed to remove and interchange straps. Simply depress and slide the lever to release the strap.